Former Navy Seal, Jocko Willink, not only covers leadership but great life skills in Extreme Ownership.
In a nutshell, Extreme Ownership is taking full responsibility for everything in your world, which always pushes you to do better. It’s a very powerful mindset and a powerful way of living.
Jeff’s Russell’s (IAPAM’s Executive Director) Top Takeaway’s:
- Always think: “How can I do better?”, not “How do I blame someone else.”
- Team Success: Whether a team succeeds or fails is all up to the leader. The leader’s attitude sets the tone for the entire team. The leader drives performance- or doesn’t.
- Believe It: Everyone on the team must believe in the mission. A leader must be a true believer in the mission.
- Check your Ego! “Ego clouds and disrupts everything: the planning process, the ability to take good advice, and the ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Prioritize and Execute: When dealing with complex and messy situations, figure out the highest priority task and tackle that with 100% focus, then move on to the next task. This is something I’m very weak at and something I need to consciously work on.
- Simplify: Keep plans simple, clear, and concise. Simplifying as much as possible is crucial to success.
- Planning: Figure out your priorities, and then act on them one at a time.
- Act decisively, even when things are chaotic. Relax, look around, make a call. Leaders must be able to make sober and rational decisions when faced with complex and uncertain situations. Leaders must be comfortable in uncertainty. Leaders must identify clear objectives and directives for the team.
- Discipline Equals Freedom: “If you have the discipline to get out of bed, you win. If you are mentally weak for that moment and you let that weakness keep you in bed. you fail.”
Are you ready to be successful? Do you want some FREE success tips?? Sign up for FREE weekly tips where we share best practices tips on leadership, personal development, communication, staffing, marketing & financial wisdom. Click here to start receiving your success tips!
PS – If you are ready to grow your practice or are preparing to start your first practice, check out the IAPAM’s Practice Startup Workshop.
Get Certified Botox® Training Online
Learn everything you need to get started in Aesthetic Medicine with our Cosmetic Injectables Online Course with the IAPAM Online Learning Lab! Study at your own pace from the comfort of your home or office.