Home » Physician Training Programs Overview »Aesthetic Practice Startup Workshop
Workshop Training Program Summary
Presented by the IAPAM, the Practice Startup Workshop will prepare you for all the steps needed to add aesthetic medicine and/or medically-supervised weight loss into your practice. By utilizing our facilitator’s experience, you will avoid some of the common pitfalls of the aesthetic industry.
After completing this one day session, you will also leave with a business plan for your aesthetic/weight loss practice. This program will cover all aspects of creating a business plan for an aesthetic medicine practice or medical spa.
- Financing Options.
- Target Demographics for your Procedures.
- Developing a menu of Treatments and Pricing Strategy.
- Establishing Aesthetic Practice Protocols for your staff (includes editable Word versions).
- Creating an effective Marketing Plan, including incorporating low-cost internet marketing strategies (search engine optimized web sites and press releases) and the latest social media marketing strategies (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Finding the Right Location.
- Staffing (job descriptions included on CD).
- Federal and State legal and regulatory issues.
- How to Read Financials.
We’ve created the following program to guide you through the often confusing process of creating a plan for your aesthetic practice or medical spa:
1. Financing Options
- Should I buy or lease equipment
- SBA and regular loan options
2. Target Demographics for your Procedures:
- Based on your current (or proposed) patient base we’ll create a target demographic profile
- You will learn your target patient’s: age, sex, socioeconomic status, ethnicity
3. Developing a Menu of Treatments and Pricing Strategy:
- After we create a personalized demographic profile, we’ll create the menu of services those patients desire.
- We’ll show you how to find out what to charge for each procedure.
4. Establishing Aesthetic Practice Protocols and HR:
- Many insurance companies are now requiring written procedural protocols, included on the CD are customizable aesthetic procedural protocols for you to use in your practice or medical spa.
- Aesthetic practice nurse and medical aesthetician job descriptions.
5. Creating an Effective Marketing Plan:
- We’ll give you guidance on the most effective internal and external marketing techniques.
- A CD with examples of effective (and ineffective) print advertising, examples of press releases and other marketing collateral.
- How to utilize the media for publicity (including how to create an effective press release).
- How to create an effective direct mail postcard.
- How to use the internet for a low-cost, but highly effective marketing campaign.
- How to leverage open houses and educational seminars.
- Utilizing Google local ads and AdWords to get patients to your practice.
6. Finding the Right Location:
- We’ll guide you on the best practices for choosing a location for a stand alone aesthetic practice or medical spa.
- Should you integrate it within or practice or open a stand alone medspa?
- We’ll review the key positions in a practice/medspa and also include customizable job descriptions.
8. Federal and State Legal and Regulatory issues:
- We’ll review common Federal and State regulations that you need to be aware.
- What you need to know about the Stark Law.
9. Startup Costs and Reading Financials:
Typical startup costs for adding aesthetics to a practice.You don’t need to be an expert at understanding every type of financial reports, but you do need to understand the health of your business.
In order to maintain profitability, there are some key indicators you’re going to need to watch on a regular basis. We’ll help you focus on the most important indicators.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for physicians, business managers, and key staff involved with an aesthetic medicine practice or MedSpa.
Dates, Pricing & Location
Visit our event website for the latest pricing, dates and location information.
Once your payment has been received and processed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. If for some reason you cannot attend the symposium you must give at least 5 days notice to receive a full credit for a future symposium, no refunds will be given. If for some unforeseen the symposium is canceled, you will receive a full refund limited to the registration fees already paid. The IAPAM is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets, related travel costs, hotel accommodations purchased, or any other out of pocket expense you may incur. Training locations, agendas, and speakers are subject to change.