Cosmetic / Aesthetic Laser Training
Home » Physician Training Programs Overview » Cosmetic Aesthetic Laser Training
The IAPAM is the leading provider of cosmetic / aesthetic laser training for physicians. An important part of operating a successful aesthetic practice or medical spa is providing cosmetic laser / IPL procedures like: hair removal, skin rejuvenation, fractional skin resurfacing, skin tightening, and other emerging procedures.
The IAPAM’s Aesthetic Medicine Symposium represent the most comprehensive minimally invasive modality training for physicians new to the aesthetic medicine field. One of the top 5 minimally invasive procedures is laser hair removal, and you will have the opportunity for hands-on laser training at the Symposium.
Aesthetic Laser Training Program Highlights
The IAPAM focuses on training physicians and their medical staff in the best practices for device-based aesthetic medicine treatments using lasers, light sources and radiofrequency devices. Part of the IAPAM training is to educate physicians on both best practices and possible complications, including:
- 78% of complications occurred in non-traditional medical facilities, such as freestanding medical spas and laser centers in shopping malls;
- 46% of complications occurred with hair reduction;
- 21% of complications occurred with Laser/Light leg vein treatments; and
- 42% of complications were permanent.
Part of the IAPAM’s training includes overviews of current clinical research. In a recent study by Vic A. Narurkar, M.D et al, it was reported that, “eighty two percent of all complications [with device-based procedures using lasers etc.] occurred in facilities that had no direct physician supervision. Of these, 57% were in facilities with a “medical director” who had limited training in dermatologic procedures and laser/light-based therapy. Of all the complications, 78% occurred in non-traditional medical facilities, such as free-standing medical spas and laser centers in shopping malls.
We will spend a half a day of the Symposium on laser training. You will learn the following:
- Utilizing IPL/Laser Technologies within an Aesthetic Practice or Medical Spa
- Difference between laser and IPL technologies.
- Physics of IPL/Laser devices (how to match the right equipment to the right procedure).
- Skin typing using the Fitzpatrick scale and patient selection.
- Principles and safety of lasers and IPL devices.
- Potential side effects and risks.
- Incorporating facial/skin rejuvenation into your practice.
- Performing the most profitable IPL/Laser procedures (hands-on & live demonstration in small groups)
- Skin rejuvenation, hair reduction, benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions, acne, leg veins, and fractional laser skin resurfacing.
For more detailed information on IPL, laser and light therapy best practices, along with more information on providing the other core minimally-invasive treatments to your patients, please contact the IAPAM at 1-800-219-5108 x704.
If you would like more information on laser and light based devices, please read the article IAPAM Demystifies Cosmetic Laser Treatments.