I’ve been a fan of Tim Ferriss since the Four Hour Workweek was released back in 2009! Tim has gone on to have an amazing Podcast and is typically ranked #1 under business podcasts. His book Tools of Titans is essentially a combination of all the tips, tools and tricks he learned from over 200 of his podcast guests.
The book is massive (736 pages!) so I cannot even begin to summarize it. It is broken into 3 sections: healthy, wealthy & wise. Here are some highlights:
- Simple strength exercises you can do daily: One-arm kettlebell swing, Kettlebell Turkish get-up, Kettlebell Goblet squat.
- Tips to a slow-carb diet: Eliminate all starchy carbohydrates that are white, think pasta, bread, pastries; Never drink your calories; Avoid fruit, there are too many sugars in fruit; Take one day off per week, go crazy and eat all the foods you eliminate on the other 6 days.
- Being busy is not a good thing, it expresses a lack of priorities. So commit to things that are really worth it, and reject the rest.
- By focusing on ‘systems’ rather than ‘goals’ you allow yourself to focus on improving your skills and relationship without focusing too much on the outcome.
- The most important trick to be happy is to realize that happiness is a choice that you make and a skill that you develop. You choose to be happy, and then you work at it. It’s just like building muscles.
- You have 3 options when you face a new situation: you can change it, accept it or leave it.
Are you ready to be successful? Do you want some FREE success tips?? Sign up for FREE weekly tips where we share best practices tips on leadership, personal development, communication, staffing, marketing & financial wisdom. Click here to start receiving your success tips!
PS – If you are ready to grow your practice or are preparing to start your first practice, check out the IAPAM’s Practice Startup Workshop.
Get Certified Botox® Training Online
Learn everything you need to get started in Aesthetic Medicine with our Cosmetic Injectables Online Course with the IAPAM Online Learning Lab! Study at your own pace from the comfort of your home or office.