Planning is the first step to successful marketing strategy. What results are you trying to achieve? Why should you be chosen over the competition? Is timing a factor? Who is your audience? Asking and answering these and other questions will help you plan your strategy, give you a way to measure your success and build a base for future promotions or campaigns.
What do you want to accomplish? Marketing goals are as unique as your business and should bolster your business goals.
- Are you seeking to create brand recognition and establish yourself in the marketplace?
- Are you looking for clients?
Once you have recognized your business needs, your marketing efforts can then be used to achieve the results you want.
In this section we will ask you to describe your marketing strategy. In particular, we will ask you to:
- define your target markets;
- describe your competitors and your competitive position; and
- outline your pricing, promotional and distribution strategies.
While you may be able to leverage your current patients, just offering aesthetic services is no guarantee of success. You have to make potential customers aware of your services and tell them how and where they can get the results they want.
Describe how you will create awareness of the aesthetic services you will provide. Highlight the types of promotional activities you will undertake such as media advertising, trade shows, direct mail, sales calls and any other means of promotion that you will use to reach your target markets.
You should take the time to create an annual calendar of promotions. Base your promotions on the time of the year, holidays and special events.
Here are some promotional ideas for medspa marketing:
- Participate in local community events, including: attend bridal shows, woman’s shows, wine & food festivals, and charity fundraisers.
- Create a quarterly newsletter to communicate aesthetic medicine procedure information and current promotions to the opt-in clients (gathered from existing clients, referrals, raffle entrants, and trade show attendance). ( Use www.constantcontact.com)
- Hold quarterly educational lectures on anti-aging, sun protection, and other general skin care topics.
For more information on the IAPAM’s Aesthetic Practice Startup Workshop, please visit: https://iapam.com/aesthetic-practice-startup-workshop . For information on the Aesthetic Medicine Symposium with Botox Training, please visit: https://iapam.com/aesthetic-medicine-symposium-botox-training