For those who like structure and happiness, you’ll love Neil Pasricha’s “The Happiness Equation.”
The book reveals nine scientifically-backed secrets to happiness to show you that by wanting nothing and doing anything, you can have everything.
The basic equation is comprised of three parts:
- To want nothing (contentment)
- To do anything (freedom)
- To have everything (happiness)
Most math equations have only one correct answer. However, everyone’s happiness equation will most likely look different.
If you desire a happy life you need to be intentional about it. The author gives us a cue sheet for this by identifying seven research-supported things we can do to ‘train our brain’ to be happy. Here they are:
- Walk – at least 30 mins, three times a week
- Write – 20 minutes about a positive experience
- Do five random acts of kindness each week
- Completely unplug to recharge
- Hit flow – do an absorbing, time-melts-away activity
- Make time for two-minute meditations
- Identify five gratitudes – things you are thankful for
Seven small, actionable activities guaranteed to boost your happiness quotient. Pick a couple that feel doable for you and commit to doing them for two straight weeks.
Are you ready to be successful? Do you want some FREE success tips?? Sign up for FREE weekly tips where we share best practices tips on leadership, personal development, communication, staffing, marketing & financial wisdom. Click here to start receiving your success tips!
PS – If you are ready to grow your practice or are preparing to start your first practice, check out the IAPAM’s Practice Startup Workshop.
Get Certified Botox® Training Online
Learn everything you need to get started in Aesthetic Medicine with our Cosmetic Injectables Online Course with the IAPAM Online Learning Lab! Study at your own pace from the comfort of your home or office.