However, there are certain steps that can be taken to prevent or slow down the ageing of the skin on our hands, keeping them looking younger for longer. This article we take a look at a few of these measures.
Steps to make your hands look younger
1. Regular moisturising – The skin on our hands can easily lose its moisture from constant washing and exposure to sunlight. These days hand and nail creams are easily available that moisturise skin and maintain skin health. Regularly moisturising the skin of our hands can help them look younger.
2. Looking after the nails – A manicure once in a while performed professionally or even at home can make the hands look a lot younger than they are. Keeping the nails trimmed and filed and pushing back the cuticles will give the appearance of younger looking hands.
3. Wearing sunscreen – It is often the case that when in bright sunlight or even any season for that matter, our hands are regularly exposed to sunlight. The ultraviolet rays from the sun can damage the skin and hence covering the skin with a quality sunscreen can help protect the skin from damage and keep it looking younger longer.
4. Eating healthily – While this practice is not directed towards maintaining younger looking hands, it does in fact maintain skin health which indirectly can help hands look like they are well cared for. Foods rich in vitamins C and vitamin E have antioxidant properties which can target and destroy free radicals that cause skin damage.
5. Hand massage – A professional hand massage from time to time can help improve circulation and maintain skin health in the hands. This can be done as and when you feel like it and can be easily performed at home yourself or by a family member.
6. Skin exfoliation – With every passing day, a large number of cells in our skin die and new ones are formed. Exfoliating the skin once-a-day can remove these dead and dry cells allowing for growth of new, healthy cells. Regular skin exfoliation can therefore help one maintain younger looking hands and skin.
Maintaining younger looking hands primarily involves maintaining skin health and the tone of the muscles. The above measures should help achieve this easily.
For more information on the IAPAM’s Botox Training,
For more information on the IAPAM’s Aesthetic Medicine Symposium with Botox Training, visit https://www.aestheticmedicinesymposium.com